Hattie Larlham to host 48-hour Flash Fund August 21 and 22
At Hattie Larlham, we create opportunities for each person we serve to go into the community and discover the world around them. Having proper transportation equipment ensures the safety of each resident and program participant as we head out on daily trips.
On August 21 and 22, we’re asking you to support our 48-hour Flash Fund to raise money for new wheelchair straps to equip our vans and buses.
Your donation on August 21 and 22 ensures that the people we serve are safe, comfortable and Ready to Ride!
Why we need new straps:
- Excessive wear and tear – Because Hattie Larlham vehicles are used daily to transport our residents and program participants to medical appointments and community activities, the wheelchair straps wear out quickly.
- Problems securing the existing straps – The current chair straps are difficult to secure into place, do not indicate when they are locked, and often tangle. This leaves them out of commission for weeks and thus reduces the number of wheelchair-dependent people who can enjoy opportunities to get into the community.
Here is how you can support our Flash Fund:
- Follow this link to make your donation online, or click the button below. Your gift will be matched 1:1
- Give from where you are – Text HATTIE to 41444 to make a donation from your mobile device.
- Ask your employer if they will match your gift. If they match your gift on August 21 or 22, your donation triples! See your HR department for details.
- Share our posts about the Flash Fund on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to give.